I’m starting 2018 with a simple recipe that I make all the time but have never shared with you. It is a simple tomato salad / mild tomato salsa. Whenever we think of salsa, we automatically think of tortilla chips. Well, I think we can have salsa with any type of chips. Don’t mistake me, I like tortilla chips like everyone :P, but I have started experimenting with different types of chips and so far I like quinoa chips the best. You can also have this salsa as a side for any meal.
Investing in our health is the best kind of investment. I have decided that I will make it a point to eat one raw meal a day every day this year. I want to balance my diet with more fresh vegetables and fruits. Carbs are very energy dense and even though they are filling, I feel that you have to watch your carbs as it is very easy to consume a lot more calories than you actually need and that leads to all kinds of health issues.
- 2-3 Tomatoes (medium, unripe)
- 1 Red onion (small, finely chopped)
- 2 Jalapeno peppers (Deseeded, finely chopped)
- ½ cup Cilantro / Coriander ( finely chopped)
- ½ Lime ( fresh juice)
- ½ Tsp Salt
- Chips to go with
Serving size 4-6
Cook time 0 min
Prep time 5-10 min
Passive time 0 min
Recipe level Easy
Spice level 4 (On a scale of 1 to 6)
Shelf life 2-3 days
Serving suggestion Chilled / Room temperature
You may also like these other Raw Food options
Dice the tomatoes.
Add salt as per your taste.
The salt brings the water from the tomatoes and all the flavors come together.
Serve with chips.
- You may observe that the addition of salt releases a lot of liquid from the salsa.If you feel that it is very soggy. You can just collect it and use it in other recipes as a soup base or just instead of adding water.
Happy New Year 2018 !!