Have you ever wondered why coriander mint chutney is served along with Indian snacks like samosa, pakoras, and kachori?
Because it is delicious, and it helps in overall digestion. It offsets the not so healthy effects of fried food and keeps the stomach cool because of the digestive abilities of the ingredients. Both coriander and mint are natural stimulants that help in energizing and soothing the body from within. This wonderful chutney adds that instant color, flavor and freshness to the food it is paired with. The vibrant chutney can be served with dry appetizers like kebabs and tikkis. It is also perfect with south Indian dishes like idli, dosa and uttapam.
I have also tried using this chutney as a spread roasted chicken sandwiches. It gives a nice zing and a hit of spice to the otherwise plain chicken sandwich.
The lovely green color that the chutney has is what excites me while eating street food and I say to myself this is not bad, I’m eating greens this way :p.
The best part is, you can make this chutney and refrigerate for 2-3 days in an airtight container and use it when required.
OK let’s get into the recipe now.
- 1 cup Pudhina / Mint leaves
- ½ cup Coriander / Cilantro leaves
- 1 Green chili / Hot Thai chili
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- ½ Lime / Lemon juice
Serving size 4-6
Cook time 0 min
Prep time 5-10 min
Passive time 0 min
Recipe level Easy
Spice level 4 (On a scale of 1 to 6)
Shelf life 2-3 days
Serving suggestion Chilled / Room temperature
You may also like
- To a blender add mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chili and sugar.
- Blend to fine paste.
- Squeeze a lime / lemon.
- Mix well and transfer into a bowl.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
If you have not tried it, it’s time you prepare this divine green chutney recipe 🙂
When you make this coriander mint chutney (which I really think you SHOULD !), be sure to SHARE YOUR PHOTOS with me through Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. I’d love to see what you came up with from here !
- Adjust water according to your preference.
- Grind to a fine paste, as it helps in using it as a spread on sandwiches and tortilla if you prefer.
- Adjust spice level according to your preference.
- No need to saute or cook any ingredients. The taste totally changes if you do it.
Hope you have nice weekend guys !!