There was a super moon last night and we spent quite some time trying to capture a good picture. It was a little cold and my fingers were getting numb and made it was hard to adjust the settings. But finally, I was able to capture one good picture. The moon looked beautiful.
I visited India this summer and it was around Mother’s day. I planned an entire day for mom as a surprise.
We watched the movie “jungle book”. The day started early and we had skipped our breakfast. So we decided to grab something and then get to the movie. I checked online and found that TGI Friday’s was close by. I did not want us to have a heavy meal as I had planned for a very good restaurant that I thought mom would enjoy. We ordered a broccoli cream bisque and a sandwich to share. The broccoli soup was very delicious and mom loved it. I could tell that she was very impressed because, almost everyone that she met got to hear about the mind blowing broccoli cream bisque 🙂 Today’s recipe is inspired from the bisque we had that day.
Today is my mom’s birthday 🙂
” Happy Birthday Maa “
I love you to the moon and back
- 2 Broccoli florets (large)
- 1 cup Baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon Butter (unsalted)
- 2 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 White onion (medium size) (diced)
- 5 tbsp Whole wheat flour
- 4 cups Chicken stock (low sodium)
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
You may also like
Prep time 10 min
Cook time 15-20 min
Passive time 0 min
Recipe level Easy / Beginner
Spice level 3 (On a scale of 1 to 6)
Shelf life 1-2 days in refrigerator using an air tight container
Serving suggestion Warm
- In a deep pot, add the butter and saute the broccoli until they turn bright green.
- Add the spinach, give it a stir. Cook until the spinach is wilted. This takes 2-5 min.
- Set them aside.
- In the same pot on medium heat, add coconut oil and diced onions. Cook until they become translucent.
- Add the flour and mix well. Cook for 3-5 min
- Add the stock to the pot, bring it to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and spinach to it and cook for 5-8 min on low heat. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, Parmesan cheese and give it a stir. Cook for 2 min.
- Add salt and pepper to it.
- With the help of an immersion blender or a standard blender, process the soup until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with some cream.
- Use a food processor or a standard blender for a smoother consistency.
- The soup is very rich and filling. Consider smaller portions for the serving size.
Hope you all have an amazing week !