Coffee is the fuel that runs the work engines in offices across the modern world. While I am not a regular coffee drinker, I always enjoyed my coffee “hot”. I had always preferred that version over colder one. My first cold coffee experience was Starbucks mocha frappucino and I must say, I liked it. Back in 2014, I tried going vegan and was looking out for diary alternatives to satisfy my occasional coffee cravings. I tried multiple things – in terms of creamers and sweeteners, ground coffee vs instant coffee. I found that a combination of instant coffee and whipped coconut cream was so good that it replaced Starbucks for me.
It is delicious and gives you the caffeine kick you need to get through the early morning grogginess or the mid day slump. I like the coconut whipped cream because of the flavor.
Serving size 2 ( 2 glasses of 4.7 ounces or 135 ml each)
Cook time 0 min
Prep time 10 min
Passive time 0 min
- 1 cup Coconut water
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 tbsp Coffee powder
- 1 tbsp Agave nectar / Honey
- Ice cubes
- 3 tbsp Coconut cream / 3/4 th cup full fat milk (Optional)
- I used instant Nescafe classic for this recipe.
- I used the trader joe’s coconut cream to make the whip cream for the coffee. Using coconut cream is completely optional if you wish to cut down on the calories from the fat.
- Take 3 tbsp of coconut cream or full fat coconut milk to a stand or hand mixer, add few drops of water if the cream is very rich and thick. Whip it for few minutes until you get stiff peaks (the time depends on the type machine used )
- In case of full fat milk, keep the can over night in the fridge, the water settles down and the cream comes to the top, it is much easier this way to scoop the cream and make the whipped cream.
- Blend coconut water, almond milk, agave nectar, coffee powder using a blender. Transfer it into two glasses. Add ice cubes.
- Use a star pastry tip to pipe the whipped cream on the top.
- Sprinkle some coffee powder on the top and add a straw.
Enjoy your delicious iced instant cold coffee.
You can receive the latest updates about the blog and my newest recipes by subscribing to the newsletter.
Thank you 🙂 Hope you have a nice day !