Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
In order to believe in impossible things and getting ready to turn them into a reality we need breakfast that is not only healthy but also tasty. Numerous scientific studies have noted the significance of breakfast as the most important meal of the day. Oats are nature’s super food. They are rich in fiber, carbohydrates and protein. They are also super easy to cook and can take on any flavors you want to add. I like oats because they remind me of a blank canvas. I can layer any number of flavors like a painting. You can have an infinite number of combinations of flavors. Like I have mentioned else where in my blog, cherries are my favorite fruit. So, this is my recipe for vanilla porridge with cherries and nuts. It takes less than 10 minutes to make this recipe. On busy days, when everyone is in a hurry to start the day, quick and easy is the mantra. This is the vegan version of the porridge.
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats (gluten free)
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 3/4 cup Water
- ½ tbsp Agave nectar or Honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4-7 Pitted cherries
- 1 tbsp Sunflower feeds
- 2-4 Sliced almonds
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Hemp seeds
- Other nuts
- Berries or any other fruits.
Serving size 1
Cook time 5-8 min
Prep time 2 min
Passive time 0 min
- Dry roast the oats in a medium size pot for 2 min (optional).
- To the pot, add water, almond milk and it bring to a boil under medium to low heat.
- Pit the cherries using a cherry pitter. I used a cake decorating tip to pit the cherries. This is a trick I learnt from a shop keeper 🙂 . It is faster and you don’t need a fancy cherry pitter.
- Keep stirring regularly to prevent the oats from sticking to the pan. This will take about 5 min.
- Turn off the heat, add agave nectar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and mix well.
- Garnish with your favorite fruits and nuts. I used cherries, almonds, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds.
Now there is no excuse to skip the breakfast 😉
Enjoy your vanilla porridge 🙂 !
You can receive the latest updates about the blog and my newest recipes by subscribing to the newsletter.
Happy Monday !
Have a wonderful week everyone..
Try out some of the recipes on my blog and tell me what recipes you would like to be featured. I would love to hear comments and suggestions from you 🙂