Tomato mint chutney is very easy and simple to make and it tastes amazing with dosa or idli for the breakfasts, I sometimes use it as a spread for the sandwiches and wraps, it has a slight tangy and sweet flavor to it because of the tomatoes. You can add tamarind pulp to the chutney for the extra tanginess if you prefer. I got this recipe from my husband uday 🙂 and here are the ingredients and the recipe details.
- 4-5 Tomatoes
- 2 bunches Mint
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 2 dried red chilies
- 4 – 6 Thai green chilies
- 5-7 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- ¾ tbsp Salt
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
Serving size 6
Cook time 10-15 min
Passive time 5 min
Total time 20-25 min
- Separate the mint leaves from the bunch and give a quick rinse under running water.
- Dry roast ½ tbsp cumin seeds and red chilies. Grind it to a powder form with the help of a coffee grinder and set it aside.
- Heat a tbsp oil and roast 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds, garlic cloves ,Thai chilies and set it aside.
- Add the leaves to the pan and roast them at low to medium heat and set it aside.
- Add the remaining oil and cook the diced tomatoes on medium to high heat, add turmeric powder to it and cook for 5-10 min.
- Blend the mint leaves first and then add the remaining ingredients to make chutney.
- Add salt to it and mix well.
- Garnish with the mint leaves.
Enjoy the chutney with Idli, Dosa or as a side dish for rice or parathas.
Also check Peanut tomato chutney
Hope you give this recipe a try 🙂
Enjoy !! ?
You can receive the latest updates about the blog and my newest recipes by subscribing to the newsletter.