This would be my very first baking recipe on cloves and caramel 🙂
I made these cookies just the day before I left to India for a vacation. I felt like packing some of them along with the store bought chocolates and a zillion gifts that I packed in my bag for friends and family back in Hyderabad, India. I was there for 6 weeks but the time just flew by. The very first day I went home, I gave the zip lock almond cookie bag to my Ammama (mom’s mother) , to my surprise she said wow these taste just like the bakery almond cookies we get here in India and she felt happy when I said I made them from scratch in our new home that we bought a few months before.
Here is the recipe for the almond cookies.
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- ¾ cup Almond flour
- 5 tbsp Butter, softened
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ Cardamom powder
- ½ tsp Almond extract
- Handful of Almonds
- In a stand mixer, mix the dry ingredients i.e., all purpose flour, almond flour, sugar, cardamom powder.
- Soften the butter to room temperature and add to the mixture along with almond extract. Mix until it comes to a dough consistency.
- Cover it with a sarong wrap and refrigerate for 10 – 15 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Sprinkle some all purpose flour on a flat surface and with the help of a rolling pin, roll the dough to 3 – 4 mm thickness.
- Cut it into different shapes with the cookie cutters of your choice . Sprinkle granulated sugar on the top and add some sliced almonds for the extra crunch.
- Place them onto a greased baking pan or silicone mat and bake for 20-25 min (baking time may vary according to the type of oven you are using, so be cautious)
Remove from the oven and let them set for 5 min and then transfer on to a cooling rack.
You can receive the latest updates about the blog and my newest recipes by subscribing to the newsletter.