Aloo masala curry and poori was one of my favorite breakfast recipes for the sunday mornings. Growing up my mom always used to make this for me to brighten up my mood whenever I was down. Today I wish to share my version of it on the blog 🙂
Aloo masala curry
- 3 Large golden potatoes
- 1 Small red onion
- 2 Ripe tomatoes
- 2 Green chillies
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Sprig of Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 ½ cup Wheat flour
- ¾ cup Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- Vegetable oil for Deep frying
Aloo masala curry
- Peel and cut the potatoes in ½ inch cubes.
- Heat peanut oil in a pan , add cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, cumin seeds and a minute later add chopped onions , ginger garlic paste and green chilies and saute until the onions turn translucent.
- Add potatoes, turmeric powder , red chili powder and cook for 5-8 min until the potatoes turn little softer.
- Add roughly diced tomatoes to it and cook for 5-10 min under medium heat.
- Add salt, coriander powder, garam masala and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serving size 6
Prep time 20 min
Cook time 45 min
Passive time 0 min
Gluten free, Sugar free, Vegan, Non-alcoholic
- In a mixing bowl add 1 ½ cup wheat flour, ¾ th cup of water and ½ tsp salt, knead the dough and make sure it is not too soft.
- The measurements make up to 12 – 16 small balls, roll out into small circles.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep frying pan or kadai.
- When the oil sufficiently hot , add one poori at a time and fry gently pressing down with the spatula or a slotted spoon for about 20-40 seconds on both the sides until golden brown.
- Poori can be served hot with Aloo masala curry. Hope you enjoy making it 🙂 !!
You can receive the latest updates about the blog and my newest recipes by subscribing to the newsletter.
Have a wonderful day 🙂 !!