Mangoes always bring back the childhood memories of summers in India . Lassi made with mango with a hint of cardamom is the best. This is another variation of the same drink but the refreshing flavor of mint leaves adds another dimension to the smoothie. This is perfect for spring/summer mornings as a healthy breakfast. Mangoes are a great source of Vitamins A,C and B 6 and a good source of Iron, Magnesium and Calcium. the mint wakes you up and the burst of glucose will keep you running all day. Not to mention, but the gorgeous yellow mango mint smoothie reminds us of sunshine and wonderful day ahead 🙂
- 3 Mangoes (I used the Ataulfo mangoes)
- 3/4 cup Almond milk
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- ¼ cup Mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon Palm sugar (optional)
- Blend the chopped mangoes and half of the almond milk and mint leaves until smooth.
- Add the rest of the milk and the cardamom powder. The fragrance of cardamom gives it an exotic and luxurious touch.
- If needed, add some palm sugar while blending for additional sweetness.
- Pour the smoothie into a mason jar and garnish with mint leaves.
- If you like your smoothies chunkier, dice some mango slices into cubes of about ½ an inch and add it to the garnish.
Day 1 : Detox Sweet Kale Smoothie
Day 3 : Tropical Fruit Bowl
Day 4 : Avocado Zucchini Noodles
Day 5 : Rainbow Tacos
Day 6 : Banana Berry Ice cream
Day 8 : Infused Water – 3 Ways
Day 9 : Low Fast Basil Pesto
Day 10 : Blueberry Acai Bowl
Day 11 : Apple Green Smoothie
Day 12 : Citrus Mono meal
Day 13 : Coconut Cookies
Day 14 : Jicama Mini Pizza Bites
Day 15 : Water melon Raspberry Lemonade
Day 16 : Mustard Micro Green Salad
Day 17 : Mulberry Cereal Bowl
Day 18 : Carrot Detox Blend
Day 19 : Peanut Energy Bars
Day 20 : Green Tea Detox – 2 Ways
Day 21 : Veggies & Hummus
Prep time 10 min
Cook time 0 min
Passive time 0 min
Recipe level Easy / Beginner
Spice level Sweet
Shelf life 1 day
Serving suggestion Freshly prepared
Mango Mint Breakfast Smoothie
Sunshine in a jar, this mango mint smoothie is made with altaulfo mangoes, cardamom, almond milk. Second recipe for the Day 2 of 21 day detox challenge.
- 3 Mangoes (Ataulfo mangoes)
- 3/4 cup Almond milk
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 sprig Mint leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Palm sugar (optional)
Blend the chopped mangoes and half of the almond milk and mint leaves until smooth.
Add the rest of the milk and the cardamom powder.
Add palm sugar while blending for additional sweetness.
Pour the smoothie into a mason jar and garnish with mint leaves.
If you like your smoothies chunkier, dice some mango slices into cubes of about ½ an inch and add it to the garnish.
You can find the recipe for my sweet kale smoothie on the blog. It is one of my favorites for a fresh and awesome breakfast smoothie.
I’m doing a 21 day detox regimen and keep checking my blog for the simple and easy recipes.
You can signup for the email list to receive recipe updates sent straight to your inbox.
Take care 🙂
p style=”text-align: justify;”>Sneha